Foxhole (prototype)

Gondorian
Command

Foxhole (prototype)

Postby Gondorian » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:53 am

As of late I've been spending a lot more time in the game 'Foxhole'.
This game is amazing for clan play and I would like to see some more of you guys there.

Currently the game is in pre-alpha and can be downloaded for free on steam (Foxhole prototype'.
The game is mostly in training mode (limited map) but on saturday 19:00 CET the rest of the map opens up and you have a full war.

Just yesterday we had a 7 hour war, which we (colonials) won.
Two weeks ago we even had a war last 2 and a half day.

The game is quite simple to explain:
Both sides start with an 'outpost'. The goal is to destroy the enemy outpost to win the war.
However, both sides have the ability to build more outposts. Meaning that the objectives are relatively dynamic.

All players start with just a rifle and a pistol, they can 'mine' resources to craft better weapons.
Next to that you can also build buildings like (AI) defences, walls, and even vehicles

Logistics are vital in this game, so setting up good supply lines (and attacking the lines of the enemy) have a huge impact on the war. You spawn from outposts, but even outposts need 'spawn supplies' to be used. If you don't have spawn supplies you cannot spawn there. So the economy is very important.

The weapons are mostly towards WW2. The starting rifle is a bolt-action rifle and kills in 3 hits. This might sound like a lot, but seeing that this is not a First Person shooter, this is actually for the better. For the rest there are mortars, smgs, mg's (need to be deployed), grenades, smoke grenades and even gas grenades.

I really recommend trying it out (on a saturday) and it would be awesome if we could set up a squad there as well.

You can find them here:
steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/505460/
Discord (sort of TS): https://discord.gg/FrsjQNx

Battle-B
Veteran Member

Re: Foxhole (prototype)

Postby Battle-B » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:19 pm

Didn't play weekly war this Saturday as I was at a party, also won't be there next Saturday. But I like the game and have played few weekly wars. Could get some organized game going in there would be nice. I have played mostly on Warden side as it usually is underpopulated.

Shank
Noob

Re: Foxhole (prototype)

Postby Shank » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:38 pm

Battle-B wrote:Didn't play weekly war this Saturday as I was at a party, also won't be there next Saturday. But I like the game and have played few weekly wars. Could get some organized game going in there would be nice. I have played mostly on Warden side as it usually is underpopulated.

I too normally play Warden side. It gets pretty fun if you have a good team of people communicating.

Return to “Off-Topic”