Thoughts on the new Soviet TD.

Dearanlee
Noobier

Thoughts on the new Soviet TD.

Postby Dearanlee » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:58 am

Not a lot of information about it as far as the game. Its the SU-76M. The cannon is rear mounted. It has a very thin silhouette. It will have a 76 MM cannon so the same as most med tanks and some TD's such as the hellcat.

Historically, this tank apparently was a bitch to drive. It also had very weak armor on the turret. Most tank designs such as this had very weak armor on the turret so even though the armor for the game version has not been announced ( at least from what I've seen) I am going to assume the game will be close to the actual tank.

As far as fighting this tank. I think it is going to be difficult. Hetzer and Stug have good frontal armor and angles so they could almost sit in the open and just face you while shooting at you. Since you would most likely bounce a shot unless their lower glacius plate is exposed.

This tank may have very weak armor. I'm asking for thought on what strategys to implement. This new TD will most likely be unable to sit out in the open. With a rear mounted cannon and thin silhouette this tank will most likely be able to park behind rocks and other shorter obstacles exposing basically only the cannon. I believe it's going to be somewhat a bitch to spot in the woods.

Thoughts?

patton1995
Command

Re: Thoughts on the new Soviet TD.

Postby patton1995 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:16 pm

I don't think it will be as much of a problem as it might look like. From what i can tell it will basically be a "tier 1" Hetzer equivalent tank destroyer, easy to destroy if your not ambushed by it. (i imagine it will be just as fast, if not faster than the T-70 light tank, and if it is, it will make for a nice little ambush tank)

What will be interesting to see however, is whether the open back will have the player disappear when in cannon mod, or will they always be visible. (and whether this vulnerability will be extended to the hellcat as well)

in the end however, I don't think we should be too concerned about this russian TD ;)

Free_K1ll
Veteran Member

Postby Free_K1ll » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:59 pm

waiting to see this open turrets with free 360 degrees view and exposed crew.

IdleCleese
Council

Postby IdleCleese » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:53 am

Free_K1ll wrote:waiting to see this open turrets with free 360 degrees view and exposed crew.

I don't believe that crew will be exposed like they are in Recon Cars. This would be unfair because crew in Hellcat and probably T10 is protected so I think Reto will use same principle for Su76 as well

Free_K1ll
Veteran Member

Postby Free_K1ll » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:36 pm

IdleCleese wrote:
Free_K1ll wrote:waiting to see this open turrets with free 360 degrees view and exposed crew.

I don't believe that crew will be exposed like they are in Recon Cars. This would be unfair because crew in Hellcat and probably T10 is protected so I think Reto will use same principle for Su76 as well

I mean, change the hellcat to this also, shouldn´t be that hard, we already have this feature introduced on the T20.

Return to “Strategic Talk”