TL:DW Q&A & Why

WmXLT
Veteran Member

TL:DW Q&A & Why

Post by WmXLT » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:19 pm

I guess we could make a thread about question that are really important that were talked about for people that didnt watch it. I am a bit sick so from the top my head these are some of the things discussed:
  • The whole RNG headshot debacle. There was some talk about implementing gun patterns as a fix, but no ETA was given.
  • RTS changes. Skirmishes will change in so its not one per line(for instance depot and tank map at the same time). Winner is decided by tug of war, basically whoever wins more matches moves up. They are yet to code it yet still early in development.
  • Bipods. Bipods are on hold because they had some clipping/ floating problems needs more testing.
  • New map ETA. The first new map will be russian one with ETA of 2-3 months. The maps are almost finished (needs more assets), but because of the new renderers( one for performance and one for looks) are delayed.
  • Sub factions will be added at some point in the future, work hasnt started on them yet. As an example they gave a british pilot with spitfire that you could switch between freely while playing the game(as long as you have resources and auxiliary seats).
  • Camo customization. Camo customization is nearing completion, but lacks the code to be implemented in the game and yes that includes the weird black fetish mask.
  • Underdog bonus debacle. Underdog bonus is not for faction that has lost the most, but for solving population only, hence they say it works as intended. They are thinking of increasing production or stockpile(didnt clarify or I just slept through that part) of german faction to fix RTS inbalance.
  • Staled development issue. The reason nothing was added of interest is because currently there is a lot of paralleled projects that are still being finished. Might get a huge drop of content in the future.
If I forgot to add something else please post in this thread Ill try to update this post as much as possible.
Last edited by WmXLT on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have no idea what I am doing :roll:

thisbirdisonfiya
Command

Re: TL:DW Q&A & Why

Post by thisbirdisonfiya » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:24 pm

ETA on the maps has a reason

the maps are finnished but due to players with bad rigs that have bad FPS, they decided to make 2 more renders, 1 that will improve performance allot and 1 that will make the bushes more beautifull,

the first one is almost done
but the seccond one is holding up the production of new assets they have a 4 week ETA on this engine,

after that they will finnish making the map assets,

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Anssi
Command

Post by Anssi » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:32 am

Also they said about subfactions that they might do it this way that they add British pilot with a spitfire and little by little they add more so one day there is enough for a subfaction.

-Or did I get it wrong?

IdleCleese
Council

Post by IdleCleese » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:51 pm

After last QA I got feeling that they don't have slightest clue how their game works.

They were pretty much confused with very simple and easy questions.

They don't have idea what is wrong in game and why players are leaving.

WmXLT
Veteran Member

Post by WmXLT » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:23 pm

IdleCleese wrote:They were pretty much confused with very simple and easy questions.
There was a couple of answers that was pretty much face palm worthy, but overall they had a direction that is okay at least. As always though I will be dead before they actually implement them with current size of dev team.
I have no idea what I am doing :roll:

aleksi134
Veteran Member

Post by aleksi134 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:07 am

WmXLT wrote:
IdleCleese wrote:They were pretty much confused with very simple and easy questions.
There was a couple of answers that was pretty much face palm worthy, but overall they had a direction that is okay at least. As always though I will be dead before they actually implement them with current size of dev team.
Well their main issues are lack of coders i would say most of the time. Stuff that could be implemented cant be because the coders are working on other stuff.

Zulumanden
Veteran Member

Post by Zulumanden » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:47 pm

Its good that they pick up the community communication. They also talked about a weekly internal meeting in wich they adress the most loudest complaints from the community in the past week, and try to adress those in their development strategy.

After watching the stream i was left with the impression that the devs really didnt play the game at all lately.