FPS Commanders

Lipton331
Veteran Member

FPS Commanders

Post by Lipton331 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:49 pm

Sup guys,

So i have been back with DB for a couple of weeks now since my 1 year break and the thing i really miss from the "old days" are the FPS commanders.

DB seems alot less coordinated than what it was a year ago and i noticed it is/has pissed people off. So i would really like to see we bring back the concept of FPS commanders (no clue why it does not happen anymore)

For the ones who are unfamilair with this a FPS commander does the following:
This person is generally a officer or someone of higher rank but could also be a veteran member, he takes control of the battle, sees who is playing in the battle and makes sure all those people are sitting in the same channel.
Once inside the battle this is the person who assignes people roles as in:
"Reignn, Bird and Lipton you are defence team. Cafe, you and you alone spawn in a tank. Idel you spawn a APC and take it to 01. Tinx you cap E2, everone else will rush E3".

This is just basic stuff in which DB was very good in - all it takes is one person to take charge and everone else to follow his orders. Not that hard.

I hope we can start to bring this back, let me know what you guys think about this.

Anssi
Command

Re: FPS Commanders

Post by Anssi » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:11 am

Yes this should be the way DB plays, but at the moment it is not so much. We don't have yet the numbers we had before the Christmas break so coordinating the attack and defense when in a smaller TS group should be No.1 important task to do before the battle starts. Try to coordinate and work together and avoid unnecessary tank hunting. Tanks and snipers riding on our flank are not danger to us, if we are able to push fast into town and take control of an objective and start defending it like crazy.

DEFEND is the word you need to understand when you hear it. Not defending is the reason we fail most of the time or waste time in a battle: we all attack and move to cap-point 4 (A4,E4,C4,D4,B4) and forget to leave at least 3 guys defense to cap-point 3 (the previous cap), then all it takes is one kubel-load of enemy and a headshot and the poor defender is dead and that cap-point goes to enemy faster than we can rush back. We should not leave defending to randoms if the numbers are not in our favor. If you want to know how to defend, then ask zlang. He prefers communication and wants to know where are you defending the point and demands you to report enemy movement. -It's not easy to defend with zlang, but it's a solid defense when it works, I tell you that :)

Yes for better FPS strategy. We have new players online that were not here a year ago or a month ago so teach them the tricks and if they don't want to cooperate AND FOLLOW ORDERS then there is always another clan they can join.

IdleCleese
Council

Post by IdleCleese » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:58 pm

This is how Devils Brigade defends point. Footage taken from actual gameplay

http://imgur.com/a/qetqB

thisbirdisonfiya
Command

Post by thisbirdisonfiya » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:08 am

HEY! I SEE ZLANG!

IdleCleese
Council

Post by IdleCleese » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:49 am

It is easy to spot Zlang, but do you know where Chewie is?

The only guy who is not looking toward camera, btw he is placing mines

thisbirdisonfiya
Command

Post by thisbirdisonfiya » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:26 am

this one took me a while but chewie is in the middle a bit down above what i believe is the field reporter Ansii also if i see it right i see Amendeon being the bush wookie he is top left

Zulumanden
Noobier

Post by Zulumanden » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:10 pm

I see Chewie placing a S-mine just below the bunker. The mine is already smoking btw, so it looks like just seconds before an epic accidental teamkill :D

On a serious note Lipton is absolutely right. I believe ppl are gonna return to the game tho as the holidays is over and things return to normal. DB tends to be doing other things than gaming in the holidays, wich is a good thing.

Sgt.DonaldO'Brien
Noobier

Post by Sgt.DonaldO'Brien » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:56 am

Lol answering late.
I like this system but sorry, with our low amount of players, we can be happy to hold a defense. In the condition DB actually is it isn't possible to introduce a new/old system.