WWII online

Rgbman195
Command

WWII online

Postby Rgbman195 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:01 pm

With the recent release of WWII online on steam it has been brought to my attention that we could definitely have a group in that game, as i have seen several members interested in playing further as it is a vast and realistic style WWII game. If you would like to play WWII online it is a free to play game and i would consider giving it a shot.

If you are interested in Fighting alongside fellow Devil's Brigade members please message me in the website or leave a comment down below, we look forward seeing more members fight along side us.
"No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards die for their country."- George Patton

Anssi
Command

Re: WWII online

Postby Anssi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Is it really 100% free to play or is it like H&G free to play?

I just bought veteran membership for a good long time and would hate to see it get waste. MY playing games time has been pretty limited 2-3 evenings a week or less so once I have a moment it tends to be H&G with DB.

Would be fun to give it a try but it looks so potato. If there's not enough players to play together, then it sure can be scary to walk alone in woods. Steam reviews are encouraging but those potato graphics of 2001 sure would bring back nostalgic memories, maybe not in a good way, of games of that era I used to play during my senior high years.

To all those DB members who need RR from H&G and are looking for some other games to play together -This classic could be it.

How many of you have an account or are playing this? Hands up. I don't and never tried, but I suppose I heard about this in 2008 from a friend.

thisbirdisonfiya
Command

Postby thisbirdisonfiya » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:57 pm

i played it a couple of hours but changed to command and conquer,

not really that interested, but i cant even play any video games at all atm so maybe if HnG still makes me want to play minecraft after 20minutes i might give it a shot
How the little piglets would grunt if they knew how the old boar suffered. - Ragnar Lothbrok

Rgbman195
Command

Postby Rgbman195 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:44 pm

its not bad game, it requires you to work as a team to accomplish anything, and you cant get away with running in like rambo. All of night shift has been playing the game the last 2 weeks and we have really enjoyed it more than HnG as of the moment, we just need a break and WWIIOL has allowed us to enjoy the WWII genre without the annoyance of Heroes and Generals. US Nightshift will be back once the game smoothes back out.
"No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards die for their country."- George Patton

Gondorian
Veteran Member

Postby Gondorian » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:31 am

It's the best and worst game I've ever played at the same time.
Back in 2012 I've played it very actively for about half a year (I actually found H&G because a member of my WWIIOL clan shared a link about it).

Sometimes you have amazing moments, I remember when I attacked a town as infantry and before we entered, 15 bombers flew over the town and completely wrecked it. Moments like that are truly amazing.

But for 95% of the time, it feels like you are playing hide and seek. With the added playerbase it's a bit worse, but the game can still be very boring. Mostly when defending.

Return to “General Talk”