Yank Magazine

Anssi
Command

Yank Magazine

Postby Anssi » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:32 pm

Here's my answer for RTS being broken and finding it boring to have same new war headline every time in Stars n Stripes: "Lets make Yank again!"
The amazing Allied lifestyle magazine is here again and I actually printed it :D "It works, it sucks!"

Looks pretty old and like a real magazine. Comments pls. Allied Pilots on the cover are Alclarkey and IdleCleese, but not 100% sure. There can be a small hint of Caferacer on that photo :P

IdleCleese
Council

Re: Yank Magazine

Postby IdleCleese » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:18 pm

My favourite topic is covered in this edition, very nice indeed.

'May the bush be with you Anssi'

[+] Spoiler

WmXLT
Veteran Member

Postby WmXLT » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:32 pm

Very nice magazine. Feels like the old time stuff for sure!
I have no idea what I am doing :roll:

Anssi
Command

Postby Anssi » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:23 pm

IdleCleese wrote:My favourite topic is covered in this edition, very nice indeed.

[+] Spoiler

I'm afraid your favorite topic might continue in september unless Reto clears those bushes...
I'm reading WW2 field manual about jungle warfare so maybe I get cool ideas and pics from that booklet for the next edition of Yank. We could talk about survival in bushes. Can you eat leaves and roots of some bushes? How to find north and many many more :P

Glad you like it XLT, I might add some coffee stains later on and try to make it look more warn out and older

matziti
Command

Postby matziti » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:29 pm

Amazing, it made me laugh and people give me weird faces at the office :D
Matziti's army:
171 command points at your service!

Anssi
Command

Postby Anssi » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:38 pm

matziti wrote:Amazing, it made me laugh and people give me weird faces at the office :D

Glad you liked it :D Happens to me sometimes as well. I tend to lol alone or smile at work when something funny pops out from my mind that could work for these papers. I'm afraid my reputation at work of being normal is long gone already

Donni-
Noob

Postby Donni- » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Anssi wrote:
IdleCleese wrote:My favourite topic is covered in this edition, very nice indeed.

[+] Spoiler

I'm afraid your favorite topic might continue in september unless Reto clears those bushes...
I'm reading WW2 field manual about jungle warfare so maybe I get cool ideas and pics from that booklet for the next edition of Yank. We could talk about survival in bushes. Can you eat leaves and roots of some bushes? How to find north and many many more :P

Glad you like it XLT, I might add some coffee stains later on and try to make it look more warn out and older

Anssi
Command

Postby Anssi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:09 pm

Haha donni knows this life hack too. This is pretty useful survival skill folks. Good photos, worth saving. Did you know that the bushes usually are more hmmm bushy on the south side of the trunk? Now you know and won't get lost in easy-line

Donni-
Noob

Postby Donni- » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:22 pm

Anssi wrote:Haha donni knows this life hack too. This is pretty useful survival skill folks. Good photos, worth saving. Did you know that the bushes usually are more hmmm bushy on the south side of the trunk? Now you know and won't get lost in easy-line

Beleave it or not, i teach survival skills as a job.
ill wright your "life hack" down aswell, haven't heard that survival skill yet...

edit: ahh i just realised you meen the moss on the trees. i thought is was a sexual life hack...

Anssi
Command

Postby Anssi » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:54 am

Ooops! Yank came prematurely. Here's September edition with some interesting read about P-35A

Return to “Stars & Stripes”